Pages

Labels

Search Me

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

mid-February Check in

My oh my... I have made great progress in my journey. My deposit has been sent to my doctor and my recovery house. I also went to my primary care physician(PCP) and had an EKG and a complete blood work up. My PCP is not fully supportive of my trip to the Dominican Republic(DR) for surgery(sx). However, she is not refusing to help me prepare for the journey.

I got my blood work back and it is not where I want it to be. I need to be above 13 and it is currently at 9.3.


My Dr. has suggested an iron supplementation and I am open to taking it. I am also going to take my multi-vitamin, folic acid, and b12.




This diagnosis has opened my eyes to why I feel the way I do.  I read an article from Women's Health magazine.

The symptoms they listed in the 

10 Signs You Have an Iron Deficiency

article include:

  • Fatigue
  • Difficulty focusing
  • Apathy
  • Breathlessness
  • Pale skin
  • TRouble doing your workout
  • Crazy sore muscles
  • Brittle nails
  • Frequent infections
  • Pink or red urine

I can easily identify with 8 of 10 of these. The most surprising symptom was apathy. It has to do with the nuerotransmitters... Crazy right.




My weight loss isn't happening and it is my own fault. I have to be so much more diligent when it comes to what and how i eat. I also need to amp up my physical fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

Contributors

Blogroll